Click on any picture on my blog to view it enlarged

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Steel Articulation

For more than six months now, I have been working on a design that would provide for my dolls a perfect articulation. I first experimented with elastic, and although I was able to produce a very nice tension, I was unable to create an EXACT measurement for the size of the elastic, therefore creating a problem regarding all the dolls having the SAME amount of tension. There wasn’t any consistency with the tension, and that bothered me.

After a while, I designed a steel system for the dolls which allows for perfect tension and incredible mimicking of human movements. The skeleton consists of double twist, aircraft-grade tie wire connected by hardened, steel, swivel joints and applied tension with springs.

Patitadolls porcelain BJDs are able to stay in ANY position they are posed in. You will be amazed at how silent they are!