Click on any picture on my blog to view it enlarged

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sophia







I have been working many hours every evening ... I am doing so many things at the same time, one would be dizzy to see *me*. grin. My children knows me well and they are always ready to say a kind work to encourage me or to make me coffee at 9:00pm, grin. Yes, I drink strong coffee right before I go to bed too . I grow up in a coffee farm in Brazil and as far I remember I started drinking coffee when I was probably two.

Okay, about Sophia.... I posted her prototype and her plaster mold. Last night I poured porcelain and it is now , what is called leather dry. I will have to wait few days to have it dried and then fire it bisque, in which is a soft fire although the porcelain still very fragile but can be sanded in water . Next , I will fire porcelain then comes china painting. I still have a long way to go but I thought to share as I progress with her.