When I first made Isabella prototype , I had an idea in mind. My first mold ( see the brown eyes doll ) had the joints permantely attached to the legs and arms. I did not like it because I found limitations to movements.
I worked out new joints , separated for the legs and arms, in which meant that I had to make new molds for the legs and arms a well.
Nothing ever has come to me easily...sigh... I know better that good things requires time and effort.*grin*
After I re-did all I was very excited however I found out as I added the leather to the joints that the joints were now *showing*. I don't want that at all!
Tomorrow, I will start a new mold for the joints.... it is alright because all I have to do is to use the ones I have to make a new mold. Porcelain shrinks and that is all I need.
I should have the dolls ready in 10 days maximum.
I am a perfectionist... being a professional ballerina in my early years has thaught me a lot. I will confess to you that a full kiln allows me 7 complete dolls however because I have to choose the best parts for my final dolls I will be happy when I consider 3 dolls for sale!
I know the pictures are not the best but I want you to see Isabella and my wood shop where I make my molds and furniture.