Click on any picture on my blog to view it enlarged

Friday, February 13, 2009

Isabella New Molds

I started making Isabella, my first Porcelain BJD, back on summer of 2008। I had a lot to learn due to lack of knowledge in mold making। I did her prototype out of polymer clay , in which was a long process too। Until then all I made was full body ooaks and some poseable dolls. I learned to make the molds but it took a LOT of trials and errors. After I made 3 dolls I was not too happy with her joints. I then decide to do some improvments by making new prototype for her legs, arms and joints. Another three months of work... I have now several pieces fired bisque ( at cone 18) and waiting to be sanded once again. I have a lot to do but I hope to get the dolls ready in 2 or 3 weeks.