Click on any picture on my blog to view it enlarged

Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow in March????

last night I loaded my kiln. It was early evening when I started the fire. Around 1:am, the power goes off... I looked outside to find the ground covered with snow and my thoughts went immediatly to my kiln. I have the kiln in my shop , not too far from the house
The power was still off , so I figured would be better if I turn off the breakers. I knew the klin must had reached over 1000 degrees and because this never happened to me before I got nervous .... would the kiln just slowly cool and I would only have to start the fire again later on?
I left the shop , crossed the snowed path and could not go back to bed.
About 10 minutes , the power came back. Again , back to the shop . I switched the breakers and saw an error message.Then reset it and everything looked good. Obviously, I am *assuming* everything is fine but I won't know for sure until tomorrow when I will be able to open the kiln. I have 7 dolls there.... I don't think I will ever do so many at the same time, just in case of lost.... it took me months of casting, sanding , to make all that ....